AEMS Membership is as diverse as public health and includes nurses, health educators, physicians, allied health professionals, preventive medicine specialists, interested citizens and students.
10 Great Reasons to Be a Member
1. Connection: You are connected to a larger group joined together to improve and enhance EMS and Trauma Care in the Central Arizona Region.
2. EMS Odyssey Conference: The annual Conference provides quality education and networking for public health professionals, and you receive a SIGNIFICANT discount by being a member. You can contribute to the content, help plan the Conference or attend to enhance your professional development.
3. Advocacy: You can contribute to the strong advocacy program centered on assuring that public health voices are being heard. The Legislative Committee prepares legislative updates/alerts, and keeps track of public health issues under consideration by the State Legislature. PublicHealth contracts with a lobbyist to advocate for priority public health issues.
4. Informational Services: The association keeps members in touch with each other and current issues through the association’s web site and email updates of emerging issues relevant to public health. You remins informed about public health in our region in a way that saves you time.
5. Networking: You have many opportunities to network with public health professionals in our region, building your contacts, sharing ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance your current job, find opportunities for career enhancement, etc. Networking events range from Annual Conferences to regional meetings.
6. Affiliation: You will have affiliation with YOUR professional association and over 100 public health professionals in our region.
7. Education: You receive reduced registration fees at all PublicHealth sponsored continuing education events.
8. Leadership Opportunities: You are provided opportunities to learn and practice leadership as well as program and meeting management skills that you may need for your resume, professional growth or self-promotion. Opportunities are available on the Board, Functional Group, committees, and special projects.
9. Recognition: You may or may recognize your colleagues for their extraordinary achievements in EMS through the Aces of Hearts Recognition Awards program.
10. Empowerment: You are part of a larger community. You are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your personal and professional communities and your quality of life.